Here are my qualifications:
- I haven’t voted since 1991. I voted in the special election for Senate in PA for Harris Wofford, a Democrat. Even though just a month before that I actually stated “Dan Quayle might be the best Vice-President in history” because there was a girl I wanted to kiss who also thought so. She didn’t kiss me though, and that was the end of my Dan Quayle infatuation.
Why is this a qualification? Because the people who have voted in the past 20 years have clearly messed up. Time for new blood.
- I don’t read any newspapers. EVER.
News is only about fear or greed. There are no current events. Just fear and greed.
Like whatever happened to “Avian Flu”? Poor Avian Flu. You had your moment in the sun and you didn’t take advantage of it by killing a billion people. Do better next time!
- I have no idea what Democrats or Republicans stand for. As far as I can tell, they are both for the war in Afghanistan. For some reason we are there for 12 years even though we cleaned up the entire world in just three and a half years in World War II.
- Both sides seem to want to increase my healthcare costs. I know my insurance bills have gone up in anticipation of health care laws. I have several solutions on this but will save for another post.
- I am for Everybody-Marriage. If any two people love each other I think they should get married.
If a 2 year old girl and her grandmother love each other and want to get married then they should. I don’t understand why the government gets in the way at all. Ok, so when you get married you get extra benefits like tax benefits and health care benefits. Fine! Let people who love each other get benefits. Love should have as many benefits as possible.
- Education needs to be trashed from the ground up.
The government is systematically destroying 18 year olds in order to stop violent crime. Almost all violent crimes are committed by young males.
So the government came up with two great plans to kill off or neutralize young people: send them to a war in some tiny country nobody has ever heard of. Or lend them money to go to college and then they are too busy trying to pay it back to commit any violent crimes.
Don’t forget when “universities” were first created 600 or so years ago, the guards at the door would face INWARDS, to prevent the kids from escaping.
Now we lend them the money, fool them into thinking they can’t get a job otherwise, and then hold a gun to their head to make them pay it back. Unless, of course, they go get their legs cut off in war. Then all is forgiven.
- I’m against bribery. Lobbyists make a living bribing people in DC. My solution: Congressmen should not be allowed to go to Washington DC. Since 1789 there’s been this invention called the “phone line”. On top of that lies “The world wide web”. So we can read about the issues, debate them, and even vote on them in our actual homes, where our supposed constituents live. Heck, we can vote through Twitter! Why not?
Why do this?
A) keeps us closer to the issues important to the people around us.
B) Makes it harder for the lobbyists to find us. This will destroy the lobbying industry and make government a lot more honest and accountable. Your constituents will know where you live!
I have a lot of other reasons I think I can help people. But I’ll save it for a blog post.
Every day I try to help myself first. I try to stay physically healthy, emotionally healthy, mentally and spiritually healthy in the ways I’ve described in my blog.
And it’s worked. It’s been amazing.
How can I make decisions about 300 million people before I help myself?
I also think I can generate a lot of fun blog posts out of the process.
I dont know.
Will you vote for me?